- Stormé DeLarverie is born this year.
- July 21: The U.S. Senate Committee on Naval Affairs officially renounces the tactics used in the Newport investigation.
- The central limit theorem is proven — no one tells Alan Turing.
- Willem Arondeus is hired to paint a mural at the Rotterdam Town Hall.
- The Scientific-Humanitarian Committee stops regularly publishing the “Yearbook for Intermediate Sexual Types”. They continue to publish it sporadically.
- Paramount Records asks Ma Rainey to record songs with them.
- Ma Rainey records “See See Rider Blues.”
- Ma Rainey is arrested for “running an indecent party” — a lesbian orgy. Bessie Smith pays her bail.
- Alfred Kinsey publishes “An Introduction to Biology”.
- Ma Rainey records and releases “Prove It On Me Blues” — a scandalous song about lesbianism. This is also Ma Rainey’s final year recording for Paramount Records.